We are looking for an experienced Advisor to join our friendly and supportive team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work in a dynamic, innovative environment with opportunity to really make a difference to the employee experience.
Job Title: HR Advisor
Based: Leicester or Rugby (potentially occasional travel to Blackburn)
Reports to: HR Director
Hours of work: 37.5
Contract Length: Minimum of 6 months but retention bonus if stay for length of contract
Job Purpose: To provide advice and support on the operational aspects of HR, to all employees and managers across multiple sites. To ensure all administration involved in the management of people is completed as required
· Ensuring appropriate documentation provided and checks completed on all new employees
· Recruitment and selection
· HR Inductions
· First point of contact for employee relations issues – absence, performance, disciplinary, grievance – administration of, and attendance to provide support and advice to managers
· Reviewing and updating Staci policies and procedures and providing relevant training
· Administration and data provision for redundancies, consultations etc.
· Production of monthly/weekly reports on KPIs
· Lead allocated key projects to ensure development and increased knowledge in addition to day to day administration
· Responsible for managing the day to day activities of the HR Administrators including contracts, sickness, maternity, starters, benefits, leavers, HRIS etc
· Ensure all personnel files are maintained within HRIS
· Monitoring and tracking of all HR processes – appraisals, exit interviews, recruitment, etc.
· Providing input to payroll and checking output
· make sure that payroll processes and standards are maintained
· manage payroll compliance under audit, data privacy and data protection guidelines and regulations
· Coordinate annual pay reviews across all sites
· Writing, scheduling and delivering HR training courses to managers
· Authoring training courses on our E-Learning platform
· Ensuring compliance standards are met and mandatory training courses are completed on time
Skills and Competencies
Quality of Work:
Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness and a methodical approach to work. Works at a pace that matches the requirements of the business and recognises the importance of timely completion of tasks
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others. Share information and resources with others as required. Follows instructions from management and responds to requests from other team members in a helpful manner. Contributes effectively to team performance to meet agreed objectives
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to listen and understand information. Presents information in a clear and concise manner. Knows appropriate way of communicating with customers, peers and line managers. Demonstrates respect for all individuals in all forms of communication. Treat people fairly and courteously regardless of background or culture.
Monitors and manages own time to ensure daily objectives are met. Develops and improves procedures in agreement with line manager. Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities willingly and assists others. Self reliant
Planning and Organisation
Adapts to changes and uses resources effectively. Together with line manager, sets objectives, establishes priorities and develops plans. Arranges work schedules and prioritises work to meet deadlines. Seeks clarification and approval where appropriate.
Willingness to work extra hours or help out in areas outside of role. Use of initiative to ensure tasks are completed. Supportive of manager and wider team goals and objectives
Computer Literate, numerate, attention to detail, logical and methodical approach to work.
Qualifications and Experience
CIPD (desirable), Logistics experience (desirable), Payroll experience (essential) Cascade HRIS experience (desirable) Training experience (desirable)